Sequential today announced updates for the Prophet X line of flagship hybrid samples+synthesis keyboards, including:
- a new OS;
- two full-featured third-party sample editing applications; and
- several new add-on sample libraries.
Prophet X OS v2.2 adds several user-requested features, including 24 additional User Sample Groups, support for crossfades on forward-backward loops, and the capability to modulate between tempo-synced LFO values.
The new OS is designed for both the Prophet X and Prophet XL and can be downloaded from the Prophet X/ XL support page on Sequential’s website.
Prophet X Sample Editing Applications
Sequential also announced support for the Prophet X in two third-party sample creation/editing tools:
- The first, PXToolkit, is a free application from developer ThinkerSnacks which offers drag and drop file creation with automatic extraction of pitch and loop metadata from .WAV files, as well as support for multi-sampled instruments, multiple velocity layers per key, and round-robin sample selection and playback. The software can be downloaded free of charge from the ThinkerSnack site.
- The second tool, SAMPLEROBOT Pro 6.5 from Skylife, brings Prophet X support to their auto-sampling and sample editing application. It supports multi-sampled instruments, multiple velocity layers per key and offers powerful looping and editing tools. The software is available for purchase from Skylife’s site.
Prophet X Sound Libraries
The company also highlighted a growing list of third-party sound libraries for the Prophet X line.
- 8Dio, with eight Prophet X-specific products to date. These include deep-sampled versions of vintage instruments such as the Yamaha CP70, ARP 2600, Oberheim OB-X, Sequential Prophet-5 and T-8, Roland Jupiter 4, and Moog Prodigy and Minimoog Model D synths.
- Replicants from Modulatable Synthesis (samples of the Deckard’s Dream poly synth)
- The 9000 Foot Piano from Pianobook (samples of a renowned Yamaha grand piano)
- BlueWave from Goldbaby (samples of the PPG Wave 2.2)
- VCO Pack from ThinkerSnacks VCO samples from the Neutron, OB-6, Dreadbox Erebus, and Moog Voyager)
“We’re excited about the support that the Prophet X is getting from third-party developers. Clearly they feel, as we do, that it’s a hugely powerful synth with incredible potential,” commented Dave Smith. “Having access to these new editing tools and add-on sample packs makes an already-awesome musical tool even more versatile. ”
Details on the Prophet X are available at the Sequential site.